Grown in Britain Week
The dates of this year’s 2016 Grown in Britain week will be the 10th – 16th October.
Grown in Britain Week is:
“A national celebration of wood and the amazing places and people that bring this fantastic material into our lives”
This year Grown in Britain has announced several new themed days to help supporters and partners make the most of the week of celebration
- Monday – Launch event and Timber in Construction Day
- Tuesday – Social Enterprise Day – making our local woodlands work
- Wednesday – Education Day – from young people to professional development
- Thursday – Woodfuel Day – including the National Woodfuel Conference
- Friday – Furniture Day – celebrating beautiful products made for home-grown wood
- Saturday – Show and Tell Day – a day for woods, forests and wood using businesses to open their doors to their supply chains, customers and communities
- Sunday – Connection day – time to enjoy our fantastic woods and forests
Thursday 13th October 2016 is Woodfuel Day – including the National Woodfuel Conference with the day being sponsored by Woodsure.
About the National Woodfuel Conference
Fuelling the Landscape – Woodland’s Growing Role in the Rural Economy
Thursday 13th October 2016 – 9am – 5pm
Venue: Sandown Park Racecourse, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AJ
Fuelling the landscape is the theme of this year’s National Wood Fuel Conference on Thursday 13 October, which will focus on woodland’s growing role in the rural economy. Wood Fuel is developing as a significant driver for landscape scale management and the conference will look at how an integrated approach can support new woodland creation, aid flood prevention, add value to land and fuel the rural economy.
Held at the Sandown Park Racecourse, the conference will offer a valuable opportunity to hear from experts on woodland creation and funding; catchment management; the future for biomass and district heating; new technologies and market opportunities at home and abroad.
Political Keynote Speakers have been invited to speak at this event along with representatives from the Environment Agency, Birmingham University and the Forestry Commission.
To view the draft programme for the day please see here
The cost is £115 + VAT for the day, including lunch. For more information and to book a place or exhibition space at the conference, please call Surrey Hills Enterprises on 01483 661151 or visit www.thewoodfuelconference.co.uk