Woodsure Coronavirus Update and Signposting
Firstly, it’s right to acknowledge the problems being caused by Coronavirus and send our best wishes to you all and your family and friends.
The Woodsure office and test lab is closed following the government announcement on Monday 23rd March 2020 and we are taking all the appropriate precautions to protect the wellbeing of our staff. Our team continues working from home and providing ongoing support to our approved suppliers. Please get in touch using the contact form here or email email@example.com and we will respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible. Please consider your own safety and that of your customers.
Below we have outlined some key resources available to support both individuals and businesses. Please note this guidance is subject to change over time.
With the recent announcement from Defra regarding the proposed industry changes to prohibit the sale of wet wood we continue to work towards the legislation which will be due in the coming months. At present, we are unable to provide any further detail on the specifics but will update you in due course.
Business Audits are an essential part of the scheme however we will be adopting a sensible approach to manage risk where possible during this period. If you do have a forthcoming inspection already booked please liaise directly with the Auditor. Auditors are not taking future appointments at present.
The Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) action plan can be viewed at www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan.
Additionally, guidance for employees, employers and businesses can be found here.
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- what to do if someone has symptoms of COVID-19 has been in business settings
- eligibility for sick pay
This guidance also provides details of support available to businesses including:
- statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme to help with tax
- For Scotland visit www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19
- For Wales visit gov.wales/coronavirus
- For Northern Ireland visit www.health-ni.gov.uk
- For Ireland visit www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus
Please follow the reliable guidance provided by the NHS at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19.
There is an online platform to check if you have coronavirus symptoms. To protect others, do not go to a GP, pharmacy or hospital. 111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is working closely with The Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC), Public Health England (PHE) and other government departments to provide support when it’s needed, including technical advice on the protection of workers.
PHE has guidance about coronavirus (COVID-19) for health professionals and other organisations. For non-clinical settings visit www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance#guidance-for-non-clinical-settings.
Guidance can vary by regions, please follow the guidance provided in your region:
- Scotland – Health Protection Scotland | NHS
- Wales – – Public Health Wales | NHS
- Northern Ireland – Public Health Agency | Health and Social Care
- Ireland – Health Services Executive
Business and Industry
The Budget has announced a plan to provide support for public services, individuals and businesses affected by Covid-19.
Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. Advice is being reviewed daily
Via their Facebook page Acas is providing webinars for employers on the topic of coronavirus workplace advice.
Keep up to date with the latest news and updates through the Woodsure website and social media channels. Get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.