Forestry Commission Events and Workshops
The below information is regards to the upcoming Forestry Commission events and workshops.
Following on from the success of last year, Forestry Commission are coordinating a further round of events and advice to provide support to forestry businesses who are thinking of applying for grant support from the new Rural Development Programme including Countryside Productivity, LEADER and Growth Funds from Local Enterprise Partnerships.
These may offer grants for:
• Timber and woodfuel harvesting, extraction and primary processing equipment
• Storage to season woodfuel
• Business support
• Co-operation, collaboration and advisory services
Advice & information clinics:
• An opportunity to seek 1:1 advice about the support that may be available to help you expand and/or diversify your forestry business.
• Join us on the Forestry Commission stand on
– Friday 18th September at the Bentley Woodfair OR
– Saturday 3rd October at the Surrey Hills Woodfair
“Pie and Pint” evening workshops
Informal networking opportunities enabling you to catch up with sector colleagues, get an update on the latest market and grant developments, and to collectively discuss challenges and opportunities with like-minded colleagues.
Dates and venues are to be confirmed, but will be run during the first two weeks of November in the following locations:
– South west Hampshire
– Surrey / Sussex border (near Horsham)
– Berks / Bucks / Oxon
– Kent / East Sussex border
Please let us know if you are interested in attending by emailing email@example.com with your contact details and your preferred location.
“Application masterclass” workshops
An opportunity for you to go through Countryside Productivity and LEADER grant applications in detail, with opportunities to ask questions and discuss proposals. Dates are to be confirmed, but will run in January 2016. Timing 3pm until 6pm in the following locations:
– Sylva Foundation, Oxfordshire
– Alice Holt Research Station
– Woodland Enterprise Centre
To show your interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preferred location.
Coast to Capital (C2C) LEP workshop
The Coast to Capital wood processing grant programme, worth £800,000 to enterprising timber businesses is to provide capital grants to small and medium sized businesses to part-fund projects that create jobs. A C2C LEP workshop was held earlier this year that led to 10 expressions of interest from forestry businesses and 5 grant approvals. The October workshop is to help generate another round of applications for the second element of the resource i.e. to generate Expressions of Interest for the 2016-17 grant spend. You could apply for an individual grant of between £35,000-£150,000.
The venue is Billingshurst Community & Conference Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9QW on the 23rd October.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.