Nominations are now open for the Biomass Suppliers List Advisory Panel
As Biomass Suppliers List Administrators we would like to open nominations for a new Advisory Panel. To nominate yourself please follow the link below. The nomination process will close on 31st October. Where we receive multiple nominees for the same category, the BSL registrants will be asked to vote for their preferred candidate.
The new appointments will be announced by the end of November and the new panel will meet in early December.
Advisory Panel purpose
The Panel serves a number of purposes, including:
- Provides strategic advice to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) on the supply of biomass wood fuel through meetings of this Panel;
- Ensures that all participants within the biomass sector have open and fair access to the BSL;
- Ensures that fees applied to Suppliers on the BSL are appropriate and kept within reasonable, affordable limits;
- Ensures that scheme administration and any improvements raised reflect user needs;
- Escalates BSL Advisory Panel concerns to BEIS; and
- Develops terms of reference of the annual audit of the BSL Administrator.
The Panel shall consist of up to 18 Members from the following categories:
- Members representing BSL suppliers (self-suppliers, producers, producer-traders, traders)
- Members representing fuel types (pellets, chip, briquettes, logs)
- Members representing raw materials (forestry, waste, arboricultural arisings, sawmill residues)
- Members representing industry bodies (forestry, government forestry, arboriculture, waste, renewables, NGO)
- Some members may represent multiple categories, depending on their experience and expertise.
Closing date for nominations is Sunday 31st October 2021.
If you would like to be considered to represent industry on the Biomass Suppliers List Advisory Board, please complete the short survey by clicking ‘Nominate Now’ below.